In Loving Memory of Alex and Adrian Trujillo

Just one day before Father’s Day, June 19, 2010, Alex Trujillo’s life was cut short at 33-years old when an armed gunman entered a restaurant where he was dining with his wife and their two sons.  The gunman fired several rounds killing Alex and his eldest son, 6-year old Adrian Trujillo.  His wife Roxanne, 29, and their youngest child, 5-year old Ethan, also sustained multiple gunshot wounds.  Alex Trujillo was a son, a brother, a husband and a father.  Six-year old Adrian was taken from us all too soon, perhaps Heaven needed another angel.  Roxanne is currently hospitalized and listed in good condition and five-year old Ethan Trujillo is in fair condition.  We ask that you keep Roxanne and Ethan in your thoughts and prayers as they will have a difficult road to recovery.

Alex was such an amazing human being, but amongst all the wonderful things he was, he was mostly known for being a dedicated father.  Alex played a very active role in his boys’ daily lives including their education, providing guidance for them, and acted as a volunteer parent at their school.  He made sure the boys’ needs were placed before his, making self-sacrifices so that he was able to offer them the opportunity of a better life.  Adrian was a vibrant and active little boy.  Swimming and racing R/C cars were his favorite past times.  Alex was always constructing ramps and various tracks for the boys’ to use with their R/C cars.  Alex and the boys’ were a fixture at family events.  We count our blessings that we are able to have such wonderful memories of Alex and Adrian.  Alex’s number one priority was protecting his babies.  Although no one in the world will ever be able to replace such an amazing father, as his surviving family, we plan to continue that legacy through Ethan.

The outpour of support and condolences from the community has been overwhelming.  We are deeply humbled and words cannot express our gratitude.  In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to assist with funeral and medical costs.  We sincerely thank you from the bottom of our hearts for any amount you are able to contribute.

This website is created and maintained by the Trujillo Family. If you would like to leave a kind word or two for the grieving Trujillo Family, please use the form below.

79 Responses to In Loving Memory of Alex and Adrian Trujillo

1. Michelle and Debbie says:

Roxanne – We are very, very sorry for what has happened to you and your family. We were absolutely shocked! If you need anything, you know that me and Michelle will be here for you. Please give us a call. Our hearts are prayers are with you, Ethan and Alex’s family.

2. Renee says:

My prayers will be with you always!

3. Tammie Gray says:

This family has been through many trials and tribulations, when I heard the news it broke my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with all, may these many prayers lift up this family in this difficult time.

Cousin~ Tammie & Family

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

4. Cheryl says:

Dear Trujillo Family:
    You are all in my prayers. Please know that our church prayer group offered prayers today to God for you, and all of those affected by this terrible, terrible event. May the Peace of God comfort you.
    Cheryl

5. Johnnie Lyon & Family says:

I don’t know the Trujillo family personaly. Something about this family just warmed my heart.
    I could not imagine what your family must be going through!!
    My family and I send our love.
    They will be in our prayers everynight.
    I pray the both of them make a full recovery.

6. Aunt Theresa says:

This has left me feeling outraged! It is incomprehensible how such evil can strike an innocent young family. My heartfelt condolences go out to the Trujillo and the Mann families. I pray that God blesses you all and guides you through this time of horror. This is so wrong, and I am so, so very sorry. I love you all, Alex, Chris, Jenni, Melanie and Christopher more than I can express. No family should ever have to endure such pain. Little Alex and Adrian can not be erased, they will have eternal life as promised to us by Jesus Christ. May the Spirit of Christ fill your hearts with the love and goodness of knowing that Little Alex and Adrian are not gone forever, and we all will one day reunite in joy and happiness. I love you guys. Aunt Theresa

7. Daniel Patty & Vidal Zamora D Zamora Trkg/DEP Transport says:

I don’t have the words to express, but that we lost a great man and son, Every time I saw him at work he was full of life, He will be greatly missed, it was just to soon. They will always be in our hearts and prayers.

8. Suzette Stokes says:

I just viewed the new photos of the Trujillo family and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such a precious and important part of your lives with us. It just breaks my heart to no end that somone could commit such a horrible crime. Thanks again for sharing your family with us and may God hold each of you tight within his loving arms and heal your hearts from such a tragedy and bless you abundantly.

9. Neighbor says:

To the Family, I have been a neighbor of Alex for 1 1/2, I always admire him for being a great dad to his sons, Roxanne loved her boys just as hard . You have my deepest sympathy, we will say that God had better plans for Alex and Adrian. Roxanne , be strong for your baby he’s gonna really need you now the ever. Take care

10. Ms. Perez says:

To The Trujillo Family,
    John 16:22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you” This song “Love has come” By Mark Schultz is really nice.
    I know NO WORDS will or can ever heal the pain or as I call it ” cover up this “empty spot” (I) you feel in your heart. I lost my only brother of only 19 years old and I know its so hard. But do know that ONLY God, love, peace and joy will ease the pain or cover up the “empty spot” you may feel. Keep your eyes and your ears open, for your now TWO ANGELS will look out for you as you may have looked out for them. They ALWAYS will be close to you, ( l know this, my brother is always near)My prayers go out to your family and pray a good, slow recovery (cant speed up a good recovery) for Roxanne and her son. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

11. Penny says:

There arent adequate words to express how my heart goes out to this family. It all hits too close to home. I truely pray for your comfort and peace.

12. Anne T says:

We are thinking of your family during this difficult time and our thoughts of deep and sincere sympathy are with you…. May you find comfort in the memories that are yours to cherish always and strength in the companionship of those who share your loss……

13. Vert's says:

I’m so sorry………I’m so sorry!! Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. If there’s anything we can do please let us know!
    We love you guys and are praying for you!

14. Justine Frantom says:

i am roxannes cousin & when i heard about this tragedy i was in total shock. even though i didnt get to see them as much as i would have liked, they are still my cousins and alex and adrian will be very missed. im so thankful to still have roxanne and ethan with us. my love & prayers go out to roxanne, ethan, all of my family & the trujillo family. RIP ALEX & ADRIAN

15. Belinda Genn says:

To the Trujillo family my thoughts and prays are with you in this time of great loss. Alex was an amaging young man. I feel grateful to have had been allowed to know him. He’s pleasant nature and wonderful smile will be missed.

16. Belinda Genn says:

Alex was an amaging young man. I feel grateful that I was allowed to know him. He will be missed.

17. Sherry Jackson says:

Oh,Chris……my heart goes out to you, Alex, Jenni, Mel and Christopher. Words are so inadequate at a tragic time like this. My prayers and thoughts are with you. May the Angels guide Alex and your grandson Adrian to Paradise. Peace be with you.

18. David Flint says:

Although I didn’t know this family they were and are members of our community and fellow brothers and sisters. We drove by Del Taco as it was happening and knew something bad was going on. When I saw what had happened on the internet a half hour later I cried and prayed for all that had been affected. I am still praying for you all.

19. Connie says:

I can’t believe this has happened..I just found out yesterday thru some good friends I live out of state and Alex and I had just recently reconnected through face book…I went through middle shool and some of high school with him and he was a very kind,and loving person always had a smile on his face and would always try to make others smile as well…he had sent me some comments and messages on FB about all the fun we use to have when we were all younger, My heart goes out to his wife and his son Ethan and of course to the whole family my prayers as well are with the entire family. But it helps to know that Alex and Adrian are now with God and amongst the Angels who will now watch over not just his family but everyone they cared for.

20. miranda hannah says:

I am sorry for the senseless loss of Alex and Adrians lives. I am thankful that we still have Roxanne and Ethan in our lives. No one should have to go through what they have been through. They are all constantly in my thoughts and I will continue to pray for them.

21. vicki shepherd says:

thoughts and prayers of peace for your family at this time of tragedy. please find solace in each other as you gather next week…

22. Rebecca says:

Trujillo family.,

I do not know any of you, but I read the article and my heart just broke., I am terribly sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine the pain you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is completely heartbreaking. I pray for a speedy recovery for Roxanne and Ethan.

23. Jamie Chandler says:

My condolences go out to your family! Words can not express God Bless

24. The Reyes Family says:

We are so saddened by this loss. Our cousin Alex was a wonderful man,and father.He was always with his boys no matter what. He always had a smile on his face especially when he was with family. May god be with the family in this time of need. R.I.P. Alex and Adrian you will forever be in our hearts.

25. Marianne says:

I can’t put into words how heart breaking this is. Alex we went all through junior high and high school together and just recently we all reconnected on Facebook. We were just talking days before this happened about our familes and life. May god watch over Roxanne and Ethan and help them through a speedy recovery with you being an Angel always at their side.

26. Frances says:

I have been so heart broken about all of this. Roxy was my good friend in highschool. I still keep in contact with her sister. I am truly sorry for the loss within the family. My (as well as my family) prayers are with each and every one of you!

27. No words can describe the hurt you feel when someone passes away. Twenety some years ago my precious husband was shot and killed. To this day we don’t kmow why. He gave me two most beautiful children, and they remind me of him everyday. I know how you feel and i can only tell you this God is the best healer, he will help you through this he did that just for me. The pain and hurt will soften but never really go away. My most sincere prayer for you and yours is hold each other for comfort, and pray for peace, and strengh in your family. I pray that both Roxanne and ethan recovery and are able to get one day smile, laugh, run and enjoy your family just like you did when when alex and adrian were here. Continue to do the things you all did together and keep that laughter and love alive. God bless you and keep you in is loving arms.

28. Liz H. says:

* My condolences go out to the Trujillo Family & friends. I feel your loss & I pray that GOD will give you the strength & endurance
    to one day only remember the good things Mr.Alex Trujillo brought to your lifes & the short sweet moments spent with little Adrian.
    I also like to express appreciation for putting up this website & allowing the public to share our thoughts with you., & a little of The Trujillo Family…

29. Donna Hall says:

I am so sorry for the family and friends. I don’t know them, but I have read the story with tears in my eyes. I know how it is to have loved one’s shot and killed by others. I know the losing of a baby. I will pray for the mother and wife, as well as the surviving son and the rest of the family. It truly is a sad day on earth when people do things like this to God’s children.

30. Kelley Morken says:

I cannot express how sad I am for the Trujillo family. Alex Sr. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

31. The Sears Family says:

We are so sorry to hear of this tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during your time of need.

32. Karan & Krista Salas says:

We both are sadden & so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy. Words really can’t express the loss of Alex & Adrian. Please take comfort in knowing that there are many people who loved & cared for them & will hold both of them in their hearts forever. We will pray for the recovery of Roxanne & Ethan as well as the souls of Alex & Adrian. May God Bless the entire Trujillo Family, also the family of Roxanne, we will keep all of you in our thoughts & prayers.

33. Michelle Sprague says:

What a terrible tragedy. I am so sorry for your family’s loss. My prayers are with you and I hope that you are able to find comfort in knowing that Alex and Adrian are in God’s loving arms.

34. Cheryl Nichols says:

My prayers are with my family!! My cousin and I were very close as children. He was always a great and fair person. I sadden to hear about this horrific tragedy. I pray for my Aunt Chris and Uncle Alex as well as cousins Jenni, Melanie and Christopher. In the quiet moments, when hurt is hard to bear, may love become your shelter and may the beauty of precious memories be your comfort.

35. Adrianna says:

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. MY HEART GOES OUT TO ROXANNE & ETHAN. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS, MAY GOOD BLESS YOU WITH COMFORT AND STRENGTH!

36. Karen says:

May God be with all of you during this tragic loss. We all love you very much. We will miss Alex and Adrian with all our being. My heart just aches. Alex was such a great father and he always put the boys first. He was so soft spoken and I never heard him raise his voice to anyone. We will miss them at our family get togethers. Alex was always the one to play games with the kids and sit at the kids table. He was an amazing person and his mom should be so proud to call him her son. I pray that Ethan and Roxanne make a full recovery from both their physical and emotional wounds. God Bless Them.

37. carol says:

im sorry for your loss. i know right now there are no words that will make all this better. but someday you will all be together again where there is no violence.i will continue to pray for all of you.im sorry there is violence and war in this world. i’m sorry that we all have to suffer thru the pain of losing a loved one. i know you will gain ur stength thru your son that is still here with us. i’m just sooooo sorry.

38. Katie R says:

i’m very sad to have lost my cousins i can remember the days when we used to chase Adrian around the baseball park when he was little. i’ll never forget them :( they are truely missed

39. Andrea (Annie) says:

I am truely sorry for your loss…. My prayers are with you and your family always…

40. Caroline says:

FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS , WE PRAY FOR YOU AND SEND OUR CONDOLENCES THAT THE LORD BE WITH YOU AND GIVE YOU STRENGHT … GOD BLESS YOU

41. chantal says:

I am sickened and so sorry for your loss. I wish your family peace.

42. sylvia says:

i just want to say that am so so sorry for what had happened and that my prayers go’s out to your family.

43. James Griffith says:

This is such a terrible loss. I always looked forward to seeing Alex and his sons every thanksgiving. I could tell that he was a loving and dedicated father. The world lost a great man and a promising new life. All my love and thoughts to all of his family. And prayers for Ethan and Roxann to make a speedy and complete recovery.

44. Teacher says:

The entire school is ready to help the family in any way possible. We are heart broken at the loss to this family and many in the school and community just want to know what to do to help. I am so glad I found this site and I plan to share it with everyone who has asked me for a place they can go to provide help. So sad for the loss of one of our beautiful children.

45. Re says:

My prayers are with you, Roxie, Ethan and your families during this tragic time.

46. ANNA says:

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TRUJILLO LOSS. I NEVER WRITE/COMMENT ON THESE BUT THIS REALLY STRUCK ME. PRECIOUS ADRIAN AND HIS DADDY ARE IN A BETTER PLACE NOW WATCHING OVER HIS FAMILY. STAY STRONG ROXANNE & ETHAN!!! SO SORRY!!!

47. Justine Guzman says:

They will surely be missed….Alex an amazing father and friend….and Adrian a extremly happy little boy always with a smile…. I can still remember him calling “Dad, come up here…Dad, Dad” and Alex sitting on the floor building tracks for him to drive on…”this one daddy”. He was an amazing, kind, patience father and friend… I love you both ALWAYS…and Ethan is in my prayers, he is strong just like his father!

48. Suzette Stokes says:

I would like to offer my condolences to the family as this is a true tragedy. One will never know why Alex and Adrian was called home so soon as both their names begin with “A” and from what I have read and from the photos they both appear to be true Angels. Now they both are in heaven watching over Roxanne and Ethan. To the family stay strong and know that everything that happens in life is Gods will and his will was done R.I.P. Alex and Adrian.

49. Craig and Amy Moore says:

We were both shocked to hear of this terrible tragedy. Our thought and prayers are with the entire family. If there is anything you need just let us know.

50. Peter Quast says:

We would just like to wish your entire family the best through this very difficult time. We will keep you in our prayers.